Join us today….
To find out more about the National Keep Fit Association visit the national website keepfit.org.uk
Keep Fit Association registered teachers present creative movement and dance inspired fitness classes that are effective, safe and aim to improve all aspects of physical and overall well-being.
Join our long established association to get more than regular dance inspired exercise classes.
Some of the benefits of being a member are ….
Confidence in your teacher as the Keep Fit Association operates high standards of teacher training.
Each affiliated teacher
- Holds a nationally recognised qualification supported by Sport England and keeps up to date with continued professional development.
- Is eligible to be a member of the Register of Exercise Professionals (REP’s) at Advanced Instructor Level 3 which is the recognised National Standard for the Health and Fitness Industry. (Some teachers who hold a CYQ Level 2 qualification are eligible to register as Level 2 instructors).
- Has Public and Professional Liability insurance.
- Holds a current First Aid certificate.
- Has trained to teach mixed ability classes and designs the session to suit those attending each week so stimulating both mind and body.
- Will help you to get the most from each session in a non-competitive and social environment.
- Automatic membership to your local and regional Keep Fit Association
- Membership card and our national magazine ‘Moving Together’ delivered to your door, keeping you up to date with our national information and news
- Local and regional newsletters
- Civil Liability cover of £10 million should you cause an accident in class
- Opportunities to participate in/attend local, regional, national team demonstrations, displays, summer classes (depending on locality), annual general meetings etc
- Opportunities to participate in/attend National Festivals, Competitions, the National Annual General meeting and attend recreational health and fitness weekends at competitive prices
- Discounted entry fees for many Keep Fit Association events locally and regionally
- Opportunities to participate in KfaMoves classes accross the United Kingdom or classes of other Exercise, Movement and Dance UK organisations (Fitness League, Medau) subject to availability
- Opportunities to train to teach adults, children and older adults
- The opportunity to join the 100 Club with the chance of winning a cash prize each month
- Opportunities to volunteer locally, regionally and nationally, using your skills to assist with the day to day running of the association and moving it forward.
Come to a class ….
Many teachers offer a free first class so use our Class Finder on this page to locate your nearest class.
What it costs to join…
- On-line and Through your Teacher – £24
- By Cheque and post – £26
How to join …
- Create an account Go to www.emduk.org
- Click on ‘Register’ Link https://portal.emduk.org/user/register
- Create an account with your name and email address
- Activate your account by clicking on the link in the email that you will receive and set a password for your use.
- Log in to your account where you will be asked to create your profile by answering to a series of questions as follows For the question ‘are you a group exercise instructor’ select NO. • On page 2 of 5, tick second option – ‘I want to participate in group exercise’ • On page 3 in ‘Category 1’ select ‘Dance Fitness’ and then in ‘Type 1’ select the KFA class • If you want to fill in Social Media and where did you hear about us if/as appropriate, or leave blank • Tick contact & terms & conditions as appropriate and submit
- Buy your membership Click on ‘Buy or Book’ • Click on ‘New Members for KFA and Medau’ • Click on ‘Buy a new KFA membership’ • When on the payment page apply the following discount code: KFAnew 5. Click on the £24 membership fee online and input donation amount if you want to • Input teacher’s full name if known • Make Payment and you are finished!
Through your Teacher
- Download and fill in the new members form and send to EMD UK 14 Graylands Estate, Langhurstwood Road, Horsham, RH12 4QD.
- The office will upload your details to the system and let your teacher know when this is completed.
- Make payment directly to your teacher.
- Your teacher will then process your payment through their bulk payment area to complete your membership.
By Cheque and post
- Download the new members form.
- Complete and send the form with a cheque payment for £26 to EMD UK , 14 Graylands Estate, Langhurstwood Road, Horsham, RH12 4QD. Please make cheques payable to EMD UK
Click here to download a membership form
We would very much like to hear from you ….
Not yet sure? Then contact us or telephone our national office on 01403 266000